Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cold Ride

It's getting harder and harder to get up in the morning thanks to the changing seasons and shorter days. Consequently, twice this week, I have left the house with one child to catch the bus on time and my husband has wheeled the other one to school. Today, I saw my husband wheeling my daughter to school, wrapped up in a blanket, but looking seriously cold. She was sporting pink cheeks and a pink nose. Cute, but very cold. We think it's time to keep the rain hood strapped on. When it's cold outside, the wind is pretty brutal, especially if you're just sitting there as a passenger.

2 comments:

Winter said...

Hope the little ones manage to stay warm on the autumn mornings. It sounds as if they like the bike itself, but what do they think of the challenge? Do they think it will be difficult to go without a car for three more weeks?

Car-free Dad said...

They really like the bike. I don't think that it really bothers them at all that we don't ride the car. We didn't use it that much to begin with. They might have something to say about it in the dead of winter when they are freezing their cute bottoms off, but until then I think they don't mind it at all. As for them thinking about it being difficult to complete the challenge, I don't think that they do think of it as difficult. With the car, they need to get buckled into the car seats. In the bike, they get to wear helmets and a seat belt. Not that much different really. I will ask them though and see what they think.