Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lunch Date

My husband took me out for another spin on the Dutch bike today. It was only a short 1 mile trip to grab a bite to eat for lunch, but it was a pretty fall day and the ride was nice. It's too bad that my two kids and I can't all fit as passengers. It would be so nice if my husband could wheel all of us together at the same time. Unfortunately, the weight restrictions are such that only two of us can get a ride at any one time. My husband keeps hoping that I'll just get used to riding my bike, but that seems rather unlikely. We'll first have to buy me a new bike because my current one is in rotten shape, but I'm reluctant to buy a bike right before winter. I"d also have to get used to riding in traffic, which is really the part that I don't like. If I was allowed to ride on sidewalks or there were convenient bike paths with no cars, I'd be game. However, our local laws do not allow adults to ride bikes on sidewalks and our bike paths share the road with cars. For now, I think the only bike riding I'll be doing is in the bucket while my husband carts me around.

No comments: