Thursday, November 6, 2008

Less than a week left!

Our car-free challenge is coming to a close and we are still going strong. We've taken the kids to school, gone shopping, gone to church, gone out to dinner, gone to the doctor's office, and gone on dates, all the things we would have probably done in our car, in our Dutch bike instead. Since my husband is exhibiting signs of being a rotten blogger, I will blog on his behalf and tell you that as the primary and only operator of this Dutch bike in our family, he really loves this bike. He is thrilled that he has had this opportunity to ride around in this bike and he looks forward to eleven more months of it. If I know him as well as I think I do, he'll be trying to talk me into purchasing one of these things for our family over the course of the next year. He's hooked.

I think Christmas came early for my husband this year. I don't think there's anything I could do for him to top this -- well, except maybe allowing him to turn our entire front, side and back yard into vegetable gardens, installing rain barrels on the ends of every downspout, increasing our compost heaps and installing solar panels on our roof. I love my husband dearly, but if his steaming compost pile gets to be larger than the size of our car this winter or if rows of corn suddenly burst out of our lawn this spring, he'd better be prepared to pedal fast on whatever two wheeler he has in his possession because I'll be chasing him in my four wheeler that runs on non renewable resources!

No comments: